Increase your enjoyment of theatre with Audience 101!
Register in Audience 101 and we make a variety of theatre events available to you, each with the focus of engaging you from a new perspective.
More engaged audiences make better theatre, which is why we created Audience 101.
The program includes:
- field trips to local productions and staged readings with post show discussions;
- attending key stages of the rehearsal process of a Theatre on the Ridge production, such as first readthrough, tablework, staging, tech rehearsals, etc.
- hands on opportunities to experience the elements of design and technical production
- seeing the show come together in performance during the 2018 Port Perry Summer Theatre season;
- contributing to our 3xViews Review dialogue.
Program facilitators include: Theatre 3×60 Artistic Director, Carey Nicholson, Members of Theatre on the Ridge, independent theatre commentator, Joe Szekeres, and guests from the greater GTA theatre community.
Audience 101 is free, and at the end of program, “graduates”* will receive a festival pass to attend all performances and productions of the 2018 Port Perry Summer Theatre festival in Port Perry.*You’ve graduated when you’ve attended a total of 5 scheduled Audience 101 events with at least one field trip, one rehearsal, one hands on tech experience, and one contribution to the 3xViews Review dialogue!
Space is limited. Be sure to register early!
Complete the registration form and send it back to us either by email or regular mail to:
Theatre on the Ridge
11811 Old Scugog Rd.
Once you’ve registered, we’ll send you the calendar of events for the year, including a meet and greet introductory session. New opportunities will be added in to the calendar as they become available. There is no obligation to participate in every event, and due to the nature of some events, we cannot guarantee space for everyone to take part each time, but we will endeavor to give each participant equal opportunity to all types of activity throughout the program.)
Click below for a registration form.